The Section Public Health Services and Public Health is a joint section of the German Public Health Association (DGPH) and the German Society for Social Medicine and Prevention (DGSMP). The section works on issues of public health services on national, regional and municipal level.
We want to give experts from practice and science the opportunity to contribute their knowledge and experience to network, to present their work and to develop together..
We focus on topics such as
- the co-production of health from a health in All Policies point of view
- the reduction of health inequalities and to strengthen participatory approaches, health promotion, governance and coordination
- actions to promote sustainable and health-promoting cities and communities
- providing evidence-informed advice to policy-makers, public health professionals and citizens
- ensuring and further developing high-quality education and training with a focus on public health services
- communication and solidarity among public health services - at municipal, regional, national and international level - especially in pandemic control and vaccination prevention
- Organisation of expert forums and workshops at conferences
- Regular section-meetings
- Drafting and contributing to relevant statements and publications
- Networking with actors from science and public health practice
We are also happy to receive ideas and suggestions from our members.
Opportunities to get involved
You are invited to get involved in our section. Just contact us!
Dr. Nicole Rosenkötter
Akademie für Öffentliches Gesundheitswesen in Düsseldorf
Tel.: +49 (0) 211 31096 – 12
Prof.'in Dr. Katrin Linthorst
Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften Coburg
Fakultät Ganzheitliche Gesundheitswissenschaften
Tel.: +49(0)9561 317 254