The department has set itself the goal of continuously developing teaching and learning in public health in order to keep up with the current state of research in the discipline and in university didactics. Experienced faculty bring their expertise in teaching and share their experience with newly appointed university faculty for discussion.
In addition to the study programs and experienced lecturers, a subject-specific accreditation agency, the AHPGS, is also a member of the department. Contemporary teaching motivates students and at the same time creates the basis for promoting health literacy in society. Diversity, social inequality in the population as well as digitalization and interprofessionalism in healthcare are the focus of our work.
- Development and evaluation of teaching
- Networking of the teaching staff
- Acquisition and development of competencies (e.g. communicative competence)
- Research habitus in teaching according to the motto: "Education is not an affair of 'telling' and being told, but an active and constructive process." (John Dewey)
What do we do to achieve the goals...?
- Exchange between science, policy and practice (including positions/opinions, initiatives).
- Exchange about (current, innovative) methods and topics in teaching, because: "We don't learn from experience. We learn from reflecting on experience." (John Dewey)
- Promotion of networks within research and teaching, because "Academic freedom is the freedom to learn as much as one wants." (Rudolf Virchow)
- interprofessional cooperation and networking;
- Know How Exchange::Digital Teaching
- Public relations/publication projects
- Participation in the congress Armut und Gesundheit (Poverty and Health)
Opportunities to participate
Teaching is an interactive process that requires mutual communication and cooperation. With this in mind, we look forward to exchanging ideas with you and initially to hearing from you:
Prof. Dr. phil Maria Anna Marchwacka
Ostfalia - Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Tel.: +49 (0)5361 8922-23160
Prof. Dr. med. Dipl.-Psych. Joachim Kugler
Lehrstuhl: Gesundheitswissenschaften/Public Health
Institut und Poliklinik für Arbeits- und Sozialmedizin (IPAS)
Technische Universität Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 3177 217